Friday, May 4, 2012

It's only polite, 3 of 5

Image: A  vehicle is being driven by a diminutive, extremely anthropomorphic kitten, barely big enough to turn the steering wheel. Atop the dashboard, Frank the mouse, about the same size as the kitten, albeit slightly less anthropomorphic, looks out the windshield and notices the vehicle is driving along the wrong side of the road, as evidenced by a "no entry" sign, a "wrong way" sign, and a truck that's about to hit them head-on.
"Uh... are you sure you know what you're doing?" he asks, spreading his arms out nervously, turning his body slightly towards the cat.
"Relax," says the cat, apparently preparing to steer the vehicle, "I do this every day!" Caption:
Some people are just not built for their jobs

The next person I want to thank on my little "what has made real life tolerable" series is Startide.

I got to know Startide simply because he followed someone I followed on Twitter, and replied to a few of his tweets. I stalked his twitter account for a few months before breaking the silence. Happily, he received me with open arms. Our initial conversation probably took up quite a bit of space in our followers’ twitter feeds. Oops!

I don't know what I can tell you about him other than he's coll. He has made me think about a couple of things, like why people tend to associate the way domestic cats move automatically with women, and big cats automatically with men. He's not a content producer, but most likely if he were, I'd promote it here.

So thank you, Startide. Thank you for being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment